Oil Spill Emergency Response
IKM provides emergency assistance to clients following loss of hydrocarbon containment.
IKM can mobilise site personnel to site at short notice, typically on the same day, to provide support to site personnel with groundwater, surface water, soil and air monitoring for occupational health purposes.
Previous responses have included leaking valves, split pipelines, and spillage of large volumes of hydrocarbon.
IKM can provide environmental advice and full time assistance during and after the period of response.
IKM can advise on the best course of action to delineate the extent of contamination with a multi disciplinary approach. We can also provide the following technical, independent, services:
• Desk study to inform understanding of site geology and surrounding area
• Topographical survey to inform likely above and below ground flow
• Ground investigation works to install boreholes
• Soil sampling
• Groundwater monitoring
• Surface water sampling
• Occupational air monitoring for operative safety
• Material handling, temporary storage and waste classification
A Validation Report can be produced at the end of the project to enable our client to demonstrate to the Regulator that a robust response had been made following the loss of containment. This can also include full detailed quantitative risk assessment (DQRA).
Visit our other Discipline websites